[emboss-dev] 2d array questions

David Martin david at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Aug 3 10:39:09 UTC 2005

I wrote some code for an EMBOSS app which has been quietly languishing for
the last few years so decided to make use of the MYEMBOSS to ressurect it.

On trying to compile I get a bunch of errors related to the functions
ajInt2dElemExists and ajInt2dLenElem, both of which seem to have been
deprecated in recent versions.

Have these been removed and if so, this is what I am trying to do:

Populate a relatively sparse array, ie I do not need to have a full
rectangular 2d array, but may populate odd cells in the array and add to
them. So I was chacking to see whether the second dimension was large enough
and whether the elements I wanted to increment had been initialised or not.

Otherwise ajInt2dGet will throw an error if I try to access something which
hasn't been initialised.

..d