Patten lists ajax header, third draft

Henrikki Almusa henrikki.almusa at helsinki.fi
Thu Jul 1 14:08:06 UTC 2004

Hello

Heres the third version of the files 'ajpat.c' and 'ajpat.h'. Atm i have
tested the regular expression handling and it seems to work now. I can add
pattern to list, test it against a string and then clear the list. There is
one compiler warning though (my fixing causes deleting to segfault).

ajpat.c: In function `ajPatternDel':
ajpat.c:53: warning: passing arg 1 of `ajRegFree' from incompatible pointer
type

The for testing was in dreg and was this:

AjPPatlist plist;
AjPPattern pat;
AjPStr file;
AjPStr tested;

file=ajStrNewC("pattern.file");
tested=ajStrNewC("ggagagagagttct");
plist=ajPatlistNew();
ajPatlistParsePatternFile(plist,file,1);
while (ajPatlistGetNext(plist,&pat))
{
  ajFmtPrint ("name: %S mismatch:
%d\n",ajPatternGetName(pat),ajPatternGetMismatch(pat));
 patexp = ajPatternGetCompiledPattern(pat);
 if (ajRegExec(patexp,tested))
   ajFmtPrint ("  found from '%d'\n",ajRegOffset(patexp));
}
ajDebug ("Starting deleting\n");
ajPatlistDel(&plist);

Now the main issues with this is still the prosite pattern handling. From my
understanding it could be fixed by making prosite patterns use a struct to
move the needed pieces around. That would be easy then to be used with this
as well.

Other point is the overloading of the acd functions. I don't yet know how to
do that. However I would like some comments on whether this is a good way to
do this (and could be accepted to emboss, when ready).

Thanks,
--
Henrikki Almusa