Pattern lists

Henrikki Almusa henrikki.almusa at helsinki.fi
Tue Aug 10 06:39:24 UTC 2004

Hello,

I can finally report that I have succesfully tested the pattern list with dreg
and fuzznuc. I will attach four files. Current version of ajpat.c and ajpat.h
with comments. Patch which I used to test both dreg and fuzznuc. And patch to
change 'nucleus/embpat.c' and 'nucleus/empat.h', which I have modified to
allow prosite patterns to run as well. Now I have few questions about next
part.

1. How to do the acd overloading. In my patch to dreg and fuzznuc, I used
string and then did what was needed in program. This is not probably the
correct way, but ok for testing.

2. Should I add a search function into pattern lists? This would allow
fuzz(nuc|pro|tran) to run regular expression pattern as well (thus obsoleting
dreg and preg). This change would also mean that patterns in files would need
a <type=[value]> attribute as well (value might a number or string). But this
might cause confusion as mismatch values don't work with regexes (even though
it would be there).

3. Is it ok to use '#include ../nucleus/emboss.h' in 'ajpat.c'? This was done
as I needed functions from 'nucleus/embpat.h'. If not how this should be done
then?

4. Any thing else that needs to be fixed for inclusion into emboss? Any
namings or such?

Note that to make the patches smaller, I didn't add whitespaces properly in
front of the lines in dreg and fuzznuc patch.

Thanks,
--
Henrikki Almusa