Question on EMBOSS libraries (fwd)

Bill Shui touro at capoeirabrasil.com.au
Fri Jul 6 00:12:04 UTC 2001

Hi Alan,
    Bill here, I thought I should clarify my question.

    Basically, I didn't want to use emboss to write XML reports, it should
    be handled by the database system.

    I'm writing a bioinformatics plugin to a semi-structured database system.

    The the query would not be like SQL, but of the same essence.

    I had a look at the code, but I thought it really depends on lot of acd
    files, so everytime you want to run a program, you'll have to initialise
    pretty much all of the acd settings and loading matrices, etc.

    what I want to do is that all these settings, ie. matrices and codon
    tables will be loaded into the database management system's main kernel
    at the system start up.

    such that when a user later issue a command to run a certain program,
    it need not to reinitialize all the settings. Since I"m really breaking
    up all the emboss code to suit my need, I really need to know which
    routines in the ajax library are essential for the core computation, eg.
    routines that do the actual sequence alignments.

hope this clarified my previous question.

thanks in advance.

Bill

--
<Reed> It is important to note that the primary reason the
       Roman Empire fail is that they had no concept of
Bill Shui           Email:	wshui at mail.usyd.edu.au
				touro at capoeirabrasil.com.au
				bill.shui at proteomesystems.com
Bioinformatics Programmer