EMBOSS ACD and GUIs

Carlos Oscar Sánchez Sorzano coss at cnb.uam.es
Wed Jan 10 17:51:59 UTC 2001

Dear Emboss developers,

it's amazing the number of new GUIs for emboss, that is really a sign of
something. I want to remind of another one, Colimate, which is intended to
work as a X interface. I expect to finish it by the end of february. As
for the syntax and extended functionalities, I'm not an emboss user then I
don't have the feeling of the actual needs. So, I will adjust to the
syntax you prefer.

Best regards, Carlos Oscar.

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk wrote:

> Dear EMBOSS developers,
>
> The new year has brought GUI fever. We're currently testing W2H for emboss,
> Peter Rice is planning extensions for SRS, James Bonfield is doing work on
> the Staden interface (SPIN) and Tim Littlejohn is doing bionavigator things.
>
> All these are directly concerned with ACD and what we don't want are
> multiple ACD dialects out there (at least I think it'd be a shame). I believe
> everyone involved in this projects is on this emboss-dev list so maybe we can
> thrash out an ACD consensus here so we can get on with implementing it asap.
>
> So, this is a warning of activity and maybe those involved can say either
> what they've done or what they want.
>
> Cheers
> Alan

Carlos Oscar Sánchez Sorzano                        e-mail:   coss at cnb.uam.es
Unidad de Bioinformática                            http://biocomp.cnb.uam.es
Centro Nacional de Biotecnología (CSIC)
Campus Universidad Autonoma (Cantoblanco)           Tlf: 34-91-585 4683
28049 MADRID (SPAIN)                                Fax: 34-91-585 4506