required vs optional

Peter Rice Peter.Rice at uk.lionbioscience.com
Thu Feb 8 16:07:13 UTC 2001

James Bonfield wrote:

> Given that 50 is much less than 400 may I ask for the default to be needed:y?
>
> I'm only thinking about producing less emboss changes and it has nothing to do
> with the fact that dealing with a non-constant default value is a bit tricky
> for me. :-)

No problem at all - we plan to ignore it, unless we can think of a use for it
(like a -needed command line qualifier that only prompts for the needed
values. You are completely free to choose your own default.

Peter Rice, LION Bioscience Ltd, Cambridge, UK
peter.rice at uk.lionbioscience.com +44 1223 224723