EMBOSS 1.12.0

Peter Rice peter.rice at uk.lionbioscience.com
Wed Apr 18 17:21:58 UTC 2001

David Martin wrote:
> I would take all options specified in the ACD file plus any specific
> associated parameters so that essentially everything is stored.

Very messy for applications with a long list of (possibly hidden) options.
Could maybe cover all the required options (the ones that get prompted
for). I would prefer just the ones that were set (i.e. enough to build a
command line to repeat the run)

> XML output as a standard option for all programs would be a very nice
> thing. It requires some reworking of how results are handled though to
> actually think 'object' rather than 'essay'.

Do you have some standard XML in mind? Whenever I look into this I see a
forest of DTDs and no clear standard. Of course, we could invent one...