EMBOSS 1.12.0

Peter Rice peter.rice at uk.lionbioscience.com
Wed Apr 18 16:56:32 UTC 2001

David Martin wrote:
> And again, every application has absolutely no trace information in the
> output such as date and time it was run, by whom, and with which
> datafiles/parameters. Is there a way to get a full list of parameters
> used in an EMBOSS application (ie everything that could be specified on
> the command line..

Interesting. It would be very useful to add this. Needs a little thought
about the best time to write everything. The output file is opened during
ACD processing, but before all the user prompts have been done so it would
need to be some post-processing.

Maybe we should post-process all output files at the end of ajAcdInit and
write this kind of header.

How much detail would you need? All options would probably be excessive.
Maybe only those options set by the user (by answering the prompt or on the
command line)?

A command line qualifier for output files could toggle the level of detail
(or even turn it off).

... and of course we can do the same things for feature reports when they
are committed ...