Changing default settings in EMBOSS

David Martin david.martin at biotek.uio.no
Tue Aug 15 10:12:58 UTC 2000

I have been looking through the source to try to track down the possible
settings that can be defined beforehand in EMBOSS.

So far I have the following list:

acdroot
logfile
DATA
all general qualifiers
format (default sequence format)

Rather than go mad trying to find my way through the code I have tried to
find functions that resolve the defined variables. Most of these seem to
not be hard coded (with the exception of those above excluding the general
qualifiers.) and most of this lookup is in ajacd.c

Which qualifiers can be coded specifically and which can't? ajacd.c is
about 172 pages of source code and I don't plan to go through all of it.

..d

*  Dr. David Martin                  Biotechnology Centre of Oslo   *
*  Node Manager                      Gaustadalleen 21               *
*  The Norwegian EMBNet Node         P.O. box 1125 Blindern         *
*  tel +47 22 95 87 56               N-0317 Oslo                    *
*  fax +47 22 69 41 30               Norway                         *