[DAS2] Spec Review

Jonathan Warren jw12 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Oct 15 16:28:11 UTC 2008

Further to Andy's email below, we have written a spec review document at
http://www.biodas.org/wiki/Spec_Review, which is still a work in
progress as the DAS spec will probably always be to a degree.

To reiterate, this  document is  "to make the document more consistent
with common usage and add official support for the "sources" metadata
command (from 1.53E and DAS/2) and to reduce complexity and confusion by
removing unused features." It's editable (if you register with the site
and log in). So we encourage people to either edit or make suggestions
via the das email lists.

We have also created another document so we can all propose new
extensions and ways forward to improve the above "consolidated" spec at
http://www.biodas.org/wiki/DAS_Plans

Cheers

Joanthan.

Hi all,

Over the last couple of weeks there have been a few meetings on the
Hinxton campus aimed at exploring options for reconciling the two
versions of the DAS spec. Involved were myself, Gregg Helt, Jonathan
Warren, Felix Kokocinski, Phil Jones, Henning Hermjakob and Tim Hubbard.

As a first step we have conducted a review of the current 1.53 spec with
a view to updating it. The aim is to make the document more consistent
with common usage, add official support for the "sources" metadata
command (from 1.53E and DAS/2) and to reduce complexity and confusion by
removing unused features. Another mail will be sent out soon with the
conclusions so that they can be discussed before any changes are made.

Cheers,
Andy