[DAS2] current status of DAS

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Sep 25 09:29:24 UTC 2006

Hi Rowan!

> - Is the Sanger Registry Server reliable or is it something of the
> past? It
> would be very nice if all available sources where listed there but
> just a
> small part of the sources I found where in the list.

I am the administrator of the DAS - registration server.
DAS is a collaborative approach to share biological data. It is
actively being used by many institutions around the world.
The DAS registry was developed in order to make it easier to discover
DAS servers.

DAS does not force anybody to get their servers registered.
That's why some servers might not be listed. Usually, if I learn about
a server
that is not there yet, I will contact the adminstrator and invite
him/her to register.

If you know of any servers that are not registered in the DAS registry,
please let me know and I will take care of it.

Andreas

Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
                               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
			 +44 (0) 1223 49 6891