[DAS2] Identifiers and URIs

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Thu Nov 9 23:39:06 UTC 2006

Steve:
> All DAS/2 elements are identified with a uri attribute, but their
> documentation isn't consistent. So I'm recommending this be tighted up
> bit.

I did.  I said that "URI" refers to DAS2 objects and to
external resources (like ontology) treated mostly as an
identifier.  "URL" and "href" are used for things viewed
in more generic browsers.

> I propose that all such comments have a consistent wording. How about
> this:
>
>   # A unique identifier for this [object-type]
>   uri

Is the spec really so advanced that it's time to do proofing at
this level?

There are sections in the HTML spec labeled "XXX" because I'm hoping
for feedback people concerning the questions listed therein.

In talking with Gregg we finished up one of the biggest ones;
the XID.  We decided to steal from HTML4' "link" element.

I've cleaned up the wording and filled in some more details.
All checked in.  It's 12:40.  g'night.

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com