[DAS2] most up-to-date mouse das? (mm7)

Steve Chervitz Steve_Chervitz at affymetrix.com
Tue May 16 17:10:18 UTC 2006

Hi Ann,

The list address has changed. It's now this: das2 at lists.open-bio.org

As for your question, check out the DAS registry server at the Sanger:

http://das.sanger.ac.uk/registry/

I don't think the registry provides an indication of how current the
annotations on each registered server for a given data source, such as
Entrez Gene. It would be a good piece of data to see, though.

As for the Affymetrix DAS/2 server, the mm7 annotations were last updated on
April 19 2006:

http://netaffxdas.affymetrix.com/das2/sources

The available annotations come from the UCSC server, and derive from the
knownGene, all_mrna, genscan, and refFlat files (called 'refseq' on the das
server). Looks like the knownGene data was last updated by UCSC on 15 Dec
2005:
http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/mm7/database/

Technical note: The xml:base attribute in the das2xml features document
returned by the Affy DAS/2 server is currently incorrect. It should be

xml:base="http://netaffxdas.affymetrix.com/das2/M_musculus_Aug_2005/features
"

instead of

xml:base="http://127.0.0.1:9021/das2/M_musculus_Aug_2005/features"