[DAS2] on local and global ids

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Thu Mar 16 16:33:58 UTC 2006

Brian:
>    Where's the latest spec and use case document? Sorry if this is a
> super dumb question. I couldn't find it on the website.

CVS for the spec.  The history is:

draft 1 - written by Lincoln, freeze for summer last year.
This is the one with HTML, etc. and is on the web site.

draft 2 - written by me in January.  In CVS under das/das2/new_spec.txt
with examples under das/das2/scratch . This was the version
for the spring last month

draft 3 - under development
I rewrote beginning of it because no one liked the pedantic
pedagogical style it used.  This draft starts with examples.
The incomplete version, as of Monday morning, is
das/das2/draft3/spec.txt
However, I am slow at writing spec text, especially new text.
Instead of working on it more I put example output files in
  das/das2/draft3/ucla/
starting with 'sources.xml' in that directory.

As for use cases, the email you saw from me a couple of days
ago is the only thing even close to formal.

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com