[DAS2] Shouldn't prefix be /das2?

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 15:16:25 UTC 2006

On 15 Mar 2006, at 14:46, Andrew Dalke wrote:

> Plus, few of the DAS1 servers follow the DAS1 naming scheme.  Here's
> a list from Andreas' registry server.
>
> genome.cbs.dtu.dk:9000/das/tmhmm/
> genome.cbs.dtu.dk:9000/das/netoglyc/
> das.ensembl.org/das/ens_sc1_ygpm/
> atgc.lirmm.fr/cgi-bin/das/MethDB/
> smart.embl.de/smart/das/smart/
> supfam.org/SUPERFAMILY/cgi-bin/das/up/
> mips.gsf.de/cgi-bin/proj/biosapiens/das/saccharomyces_cerevisiae/

These all look fine to me -- but they're URLs for individual data
sources, rather than complete server installations.  Remove the last
element and you'll get a server URL (e.g. genome.cbs.dtu.dk:9000/
das/) which ends /das/ in all cases.

The registry records datasources, not server installations.  In
general, I'm not sure a server installation is a terribly
"interesting" object, since it's quite possible that one server
installation will host many datasources with little or no semantic
connection between them -- the only thing they have in common is that
they're hosted at the same site.

          Thomas.