[DAS2] Re: Re DAS2 Server

Brian O'Connor boconnor at ucla.edu
Wed Mar 1 21:34:38 UTC 2006

Hi Vidya,

So I think your best option is to try the RPM.  I built a Fedora Core 2
RPM for DAS2 and just released it to http://biopackages.net last night.
I could really use someone to test it so feedback would be great.  The
RPM approach is nice because yum will take care of installing all the
dependencies including the chado database.

If you're not using FC2 then it's a little but more involved.  We don't
really have a lot of docs but I could update the README in cvs (see
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmod it's the "das2" module).   Until
recently there wasn't  really an install process you just do a "perl
Makefile.PL; make; make test" to run DAS2.  There's now an "install"
target so you can do "perl Makefile.PL; make; sudo make install".  You
need to set some environmental variables, install a chado DB, and make
sure all the perl module dependencies are installed before you do this
though.  See the Makefile.PL for the environmental variables you need to
set.  I'll update the README to include information about the dependencies.

Hope this helps!  I cc'd Allen Day too, he might have some helpful hints...

--Brian