[DAS2] DAS vs. Java Web Services

Nomi Harris nomi at fruitfly.org
Mon Jan 9 22:14:05 UTC 2006

i was talking to someone in the apollo community about writing a DAS/2
adapter for apollo, and he said:

> I think the Java Web Services model has been proven more so than the DAS
> model for standardized web application communication.

this is an interesting claim, and i was wondering if you have any comment
on why this is wrong (i assume you all disagree with it, or else you
wouldn't be working on DAS/2).  i think we should address this issue in
the grant--maybe we can add it to the progress report?  otherwise, the
review committee could come back and say, "why don't you just use Java
Web Services instead of developing this new standard?"

    Nomi