[DAS2] DAS/2 weekly meeting notes for 9 Jan 2006

Nomi Harris nomi at fruitfly.org
Mon Jan 9 20:06:08 UTC 2006

On 9 January 2006, Chervitz, Steve wrote:
 > Notes from the weekly DAS/2 teleconference, 9 Jan 2006.

thanks for sending these detailed notes, steve.

i'm a little confused, reading the notes, about what the final decision
was about the code sprint.  there's going to be one in the UK, feb 6-11,
and then one in california, some time in march?  when?  once we have
dates, i'd be happy to help with planning (e.g. housing and meeting
rooms) if needed.

 > [A] Andreas will post announcement for Feb code sprint, set up registration
 > form, reserve room
 > SL: I will notify Nomi about it today. When is the progress report for
 > the grant review due?

what do i need to do in terms of participating in this?  obviously, i
won't be going to england for it.  will we be scheduling extra
teleconferences, or F2F meetings with bay-area people, or what?

 > GH: Not sure. Sent one in may/june last year.
 > SL: Important to send report before review committee sits. Would be
 > good to report on the code sprint for the review.

 > GH: What do we want to accomplish when we have one week to do it?
 > SL: DAS/2 adaptor for apollo.

i am already starting work on this--should i stop?  initially, i've been
trying to construct arguments to the the DAS/2 server at
http://das.biopackages.net/das/genome to get some sample features (using
http://www.biodas.org/documents/das2/das2_get.html#features as my

 > GH: 
 >   - Make IGB code for DAS/2 client, update to reflect changes in spec
 >     implement unimplemented stuff.

IGB already has a DAS/2 client, right?  the comma is confusing me--are
you just saying the IGB DAS/2 client code needs to be updated and

 >   - DAS/2 server at Affy - bring it up to the spec as well. not a full
 >     impl but was compliant 3 mos ago.
is that http://das.biopackages.net/das/genome?

 > GH: March sprint, anytime in the middle 3 weeks of march.
 > AD: will be at a san diego workshop in march. Back in the states
 > in Mid feb. 
 > SC: There is a MAGE v2 workshop/jamboree in Benecia, CA on 7-11
 > March. Should probably aim for later March. Also will be involved in a
 > netaffx quarterly update.

the CBIO project meeting is march 2-4.  i will be away march 23-26 (trip
planned long ago).  are a lot of people going to participate in this MAGE
workshop?  maybe it would work well to have the code sprint right after
it, say, march 13-19?  i don't think we want to make it any later than
that or there won't be time to write it up for the progress report.  in
fact, that might already be too late.


More information about the DAS2 mailing list