[DAS2] IGB DAS/2 client partially working -- and using registry!

Helt,Gregg Gregg_Helt at affymetrix.com
Fri Feb 10 16:36:49 UTC 2006

Attached is a screenshot of IGB with data from a yeast test region
(chrVII, ~364-366kb) loaded from Allen's codesprint server by way of
Andreas' DAS/2 registry.  Still need to work on synchronizing up source
names, etc., but this is looking good.  As we had planned, having the
registry return a sources document allowed very easy integration!

You may notice there is also a branch of the sources tree that is a
direct path to the codesprint server.  That just means I gave the
discovery engine two URLs to start from -- the registry and the
codesprint server.

This is the same version of IGB as the current head of the CVS
repository (as of today 8:30 AM PST).  I'm tempted to roll up a jar so
people can try it without having to compile the source, but on the other
hand it's pretty fragile right now, and the image conveys the gist of
it.

	gregg