[DAS2] format version

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Tue Feb 7 19:28:49 UTC 2006

Just committed to the spec.  If I'm wrong and the version number
proves useful, I'll make it less snarky.  :)

This document defines several new content-types.  These are

application/x-das-sources+xml
application/x-das-features+xml
application/x-das-types+xml
application/x-das-segments+xml

A server may supply an optional "version" value for the Content-Type,
to specify which version of the specification it provides.  This is
(at present and unless others can convince me otherwise) meant to be
used only during this period of specification development while things
are in flux.  A client can look at the version string and use an
appropriate reader to handle it.

Example:

The list of versions is as follows:

   601071920:  this version

The versions will be increasing integers.  The format will be
"YMMDDHHMM" where "Y" is the year - 2005.  (This makes it a 32 bit
integer, in case you were wondering.)  There's no way this spec will
be in flux in 4 years time.

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com