[DAS2] complex feature examples

Erwin, Ed Ed_Erwin at affymetrix.com
Sat Aug 19 00:16:25 UTC 2006

Blechhhhhh!

Just my 2 cents, but I think the graphics in that figure are more
confusing than useful.  In all those cases, it would be simpler to just
show all the observed transcripts separately.  In some cases, the number
of possible transcripts may be very large, but so be it.

There doesn't need to be any pointers relating the different transcripts
to one another.  They might be given similar, or the same, gene names,
but the fact that alternative splicing is going is on clear from the
fact that there are overlapping exons and doesn't need to be explicitly
mentioned.  (Textual annotations can say which type is seen in which
tissue, etc.)