[DAS2] Notes from DAS/2 code sprint #3, day four, 17 Aug 2006

Steve Chervitz Steve_Chervitz at affymetrix.com
Thu Aug 17 23:37:00 UTC 2006

Following up on a side-topic that came up briefly in morning's teleconf,

> aday: now I get free reign to validate the way I want to. I will be
> liberal in what I reject.

here's a post I made to a thread on the bioperl list last regarding aberrant
fasta files (another reason why to not standardize das/2 sequence responses
on fasta format):

http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2005-July/019407.html

Another cited source of this philosophy is from the TCP spec (section 2.10)
as the Robustness Principle:
Be conservative in what you do, be liberal in what you accept.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc793.html

I actually think it has wider appeal beyond software design or electronic
devices, but I'll save that discussion for later...

Steve