[DAS2] element identity

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Mon Aug 14 22:32:43 UTC 2006

again, working on the writeback spec.

The writeback spec will look like

<WRITEBACK>
   <MESSAGE>Reason for the change</MESSAGE>
   <DELETE uri="foo" />
   <FEATURE uri="bar"> ... </FEATURE>
   <FEATURE uri="baz"> ... </FEATURE>
</WRITEBACK>

The response document will look like this

<FEATURES>
  <FEATURE uri="spam" old_uri="bar"> ... </FEATURE>
  <FEATURE uri="eggs" old_uri="baz"> ... </FEATURE>
</WRITEBACK>

This FEATURE element is very similar but different than the
normal FEATURE element in that it has a new "old_uri"
attribute.

Does anyone see that as a problem?  I don't, but it breaks
the guideline we talked about earlier where two XML elements
with the same tag must refer to the same thing.

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com