[DAS2] question regarding most up-to-date D. melanogaster DAS?

Ann Loraine aloraine at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 00:05:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm helping a colleague with an eQTL study and need to do a
region-based query on the most up-to-date fruit fly annotations.

Our markers (for influential loci in the study) are mapped to
cytological bands. Is it possible to run region-based queries using
cytological coordinates? (e.g., 30A - 30B, inclusive) My goal is to
find all candidate genes under those peaks.

I also have (approximate) mappings of cytological bands onto the
physical (genomic coordinates) map of Drosophila, so, if necessary, I
could use  those to collect the genes mapping to those locations.

Which fruit fly DAS server would provide the most up-to-date
information? If you have other recommendations for how to proceed, I
would be grateful for your help!

All the best,

Ann

--