[DAS2] DAS intro

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Mon Nov 28 17:24:32 UTC 2005

>     <LOC  pos="region/Chr3/1271:1507:1" seq="sequence/Chr3/1271:1507:1"/>
>

> <region> is only a link to the sequence and a length, as in:
>
>     <REGION id="../sequence/ctg2/100:200" length="100" name="ABCDE" />

You know, this is still kind of ugly. I hate to revisit this so late in the
game, but can't we make sequence retrieval a three-step process?

1) Feature request returns:

	<LOC  pos="region/Chr3/1271:1507:1" />

2) Region request returns:

	<REGION id="Chr3/1271:1507:1" seq="../sequence/Chr3/1271:1507:1" />

(where seq= could be an absolute URL if someone else owns the bases)

3) Sequence request then returns the bases

Lincoln