[DAS2] DAS/2 weekly meeting notes for 10 Nov 05

Steve Chervitz Steve_Chervitz at affymetrix.com
Sat Nov 12 01:52:15 UTC 2005

> Content-type issue:
>  - Should we use text/xml or application/x-das-blah+xml?
>  - Consensus: use application/x-das-blah+xml
>  - [A] Steve will rollback changes made to the retrieval spec.

Done, but I noticed that we had been using text/x-das-blah+xml rather than
application/x-das-blah+xml. I left it as text for now, although
'application' seems more correct according to the RFC on MIME media types,
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2046.txt which states:

text -- textual information. ...
          Other subtypes [i.e., anything besides 'plain'] are to
          be used for enriched text in forms
          where application software may enhance the
          appearance of the text...

application -- some other kind of data, typically
          either uninterpreted binary data or information to be
          processed by an application.  ...

Steve