[DAS2] Re: New problem with content-type header in DAS/2 server responses!

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Wed Nov 9 00:49:27 UTC 2005

P.S.

Gregg mentioned one need for wanting more selective content-types.

Here's another.

I expect most of the XML data we return will change.  We may add
an element field or change the meaning of an element.  When that
happens, how does a client know that a "text/xml" is for one
version or another of a given document type?

I expect that will be done by returning something like

This, btw, suggests a third solution to the problem of letting DAS/2
and web browser clients both point to the same object - se

But that's ugly.

A 4th is to go back to the "add a das-content-type header" solution
from DAS/1.  I don't want that.

Note, btw, that if a given URL can return different MIME types
for the same request then it needs a "Vary: Accept" in the response
headers so caching works correctly.

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com