[DAS2] imported data into bug tracker

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Thu May 12 18:02:11 UTC 2005

All,

> I think the zmap client Ed Griffiths is talking about is going to be
> implemented in C or C++.  Ed?

The zmap is implemented in C. Most of the code would not be appropriate to be
implemented as a .so file but.....

zmap (our client) is structured like this:

                            ------ file reader

GUI ----- generalised -----|------ acedb server interface
          data source      |
          interface        |
                           |------ DAS2 server interface

                          etc

the DAS2 server interface could be to a C based parser written as a .so
library...we have to write the code to do the parsing so it could potentially
form the basis of a DAS2 C parser...

I say "potentially" because I would need to think about how much work it would
be as we are on a pretty tight schedule for the rest of the work...

But a good idea...

Ed

--
             ** PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBER **

|  The Morgan Building, Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus   |
|  Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1HH                                           |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk  Tel: +44-1223-496844  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |