[DAS2] hrefs and xml:base

Ed Erwin ed_erwin at affymetrix.com
Fri May 6 18:30:00 UTC 2005

Thanks.

That also clears-up another question I had asked earlier (although I
can't find the e-mail where I asked it.)

Anyway, the question had come-up whether the contents of the 'id'
attribute should be URLEncoded inside the xml document.  Based on this
xmlbase spec, the answer is NO.  The contents of the id attributes
should be XMLEncoded when necessary, but the URLEncoding will happen
during the process of converting the attribute value to a URL.

"processors must encode and escape these characters to obtain a valid
URI reference from the attribute value"

If the XML attribute value is already URLEncoded, this process would
result in double-encoding.