[DAS2] the /region subtree

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Sun Dec 4 23:35:49 UTC 2005

Looks like no one knows why it's there?

Regions are important.  But regions can (as far as I can tell) be
described in a feature by pointing directly to the /sequence subtree
and not through an intermediate /region object.

Identifiable regions (contigs, ESTs) are important, but they can
be stored as a feature, and take advantage of the other capabilities
of features, like searching and returning alternative formats.

I sent mail to Lincoln asking to talk about this but haven't heard
back from him.

Or anyone else want to explain it to me?

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com