[DAS2] modification to /type request & response

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Tue Apr 12 16:36:26 UTC 2005

Hello,

The Types request returns the ontology you are using in the "ontology"
attribute of the <TYPE> tag.  I think it is fair to insist that if you add
a new type to the system you must prepare an ontology that describes it if
there isn't one ready-made to inherit from.

The /type request is only supposed to return those types which are used.  I
never expected someone to load the entire sofa database into the thing --
just that subportion of sofa which is actively used to annotate the
database objects.

Lincoln