[DAS2] modification to /type request & response

Chervitz, Steve Steve_Chervitz at affymetrix.com
Mon Apr 11 19:38:21 UTC 2005

"Erwin, Ed" writes:
> Adding the "namespaces" query seems reasonable to me.
>
> But additionally, how about /das/genome/type returning only those types
> for which the server actually has some existing annotations, not all the
> annotations it "knows" about.

I like Ed's restriction that it returns only the types for which it has
annotations.

But I can see a need for asking a server, "What are all the valid feature
types?" This would be useful in the context of a user wanting to add a new
annotation.

Perhaps it would be reasonable to have the server's default behavior to
return only types for which it has annotations. If a client wants all types,
it could be specified via a flag. So we would have

* /das/genome/type?namespace=sofa.ontology

  returns only sofa types for which it has annotations

* /das/genome/type?namespace=sofa.ontology;all=1

  returns all known sofa types

Steve