[DAS2] New DAS2 list

Chervitz, Steve Steve_Chervitz at affymetrix.com
Wed Dec 1 23:54:43 UTC 2004

As promised, we now have a discussion list for just the DAS/2 grant crew.
You should have received a welcome message from mailman already.
This list is unmoderated and will reject posts from non-members. I left the
archive public, so others could snoop if interested (and can guess the url).

Lincoln: How much overhead is moderation requiring for the original das
mailing list? Chris D made some improvements in the spam filters and I asked
if he thought they were good enough to go off-moderation. Here's what he
said:

> Our spam protection is pretty good but the stuff that leaks through is
> really hard to catch -- simple ASCII emails etc. that breeze right
> through our tests.
>
> The current moderator web interface has a great new feature called
> "delete any messages marked as "defer" -- this lets you look at the
> moderation list and pick out only the good messages while not wasting
> time hitting checkboxes for spam. I'd recommend leaving it as is for now
> unnless you want to open the list up for a while as an experiment.

Steve