[DAS] DAS Digest, Vol 73, Issue 2

Jim Procter jprocter at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Feb 13 11:35:32 UTC 2014

On 11/02/2014 09:56, Leyla Garcia wrote:
> On 10/02/2014 17:25, Dr. med. Christoph Gille wrote:
>>> accessions. I seem to remember that In jDas, Leyla implemented a
>>> fallback where for sources that threw errors with multiple accessions,
>>> it would instead make a series of single identifier requests.
> I do not think that jDas does implement such mechanism but it is
> definitely a good idea. I just quickly checked the code and did not
> find any callback.
ah - my mistake - I remember we did talk about it though.. and thinking
on it further, we decided that it was up to the caller whether they
might implement that. Since Jalview had a fairly messy single-query
fallback routine already, I didn't worry about engineering jDas any further.
> Maybe we can chat about it during VizBi.
perhaps - though there might be some more urgent distractions...

see (some of you) in a few weeks !

Jim.