[DAS] [proserver-users] GFF3 adaptor?

Andy Jenkinson andy.jenkinson at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jan 7 15:25:36 UTC 2013

Well what I am thinking is that any adaptor that sequentially reads in the whole file for each request is not a very good solution, the file adaptor essentially does this except it gives you the option to run through the file once first and save the contents in memory, meaning you're still doing a big iteration but not file I/O. Really the biggest improvement would be to add direct random-access indices/caches for the important DAS query arguments (i.e. segment range, feature ID). That applies to all file formats, but I imagine GFF-specific stuff would make it a bit easier/possible to actually construct.

TBH the GFF files I have created DAS sources have always been write-once, so I have just loaded them into a database with a script.

Cheers,
Andy