[DAS] Pagination Proposal

Andy Jenkinson andy.jenkinson at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 15:01:47 UTC 2011

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for this, looks fine to me mostly.

One question: should segments that contain no features (due to the pagination limit) be included in the response?

/das/foo/features?search=a*;rows=1-2

<GFF total="300">
  <SEGMENT id="1" total="40">
    <FEATURE id="a" />
    <FEATURE id="b" />
  </SEGMENT>
  <SEGMENT id="2" total="30" />
  <SEGMENT id="3" total="90" />
</GFF>

Also, I can't remember if we decided at the workshop whether servers would be allowed to overrule the client's requested range and return (for example) a smaller number of rows. This is how entry_points works, which is why it has "start" and "end" attributes in the response in addition to the "total" attribute.