[DAS] Locations between bases

Lincoln Stein lincoln.stein at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:29:16 UTC 2011

Hi All,

The GFF3 convention is to make start==end and to have the flagged insertion
occur to the right of the designated base.

The elegant way to do this is to use Jim Kent's convention of half-open
spans, in which case the coordinates apply to the position BETWEEN bases,
but this causes too much confusion to satisfy a relatively rare requirement.

Lincoln