[DAS] Configuring a valid MAPMASTER?

Andy Jenkinson andy.jenkinson at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 14:56:45 UTC 2011

The SourceAdaptor POD documents the build_types method. Just return an array containing a hash per type. For example:
return ( { 'type' => 'expression_tag', 'category' => 'experimental' } );

A more complete implementation would also include an ontology term and the 'count' for each type (i.e. the number of features of each type). Note that the build_types command takes segment parameters like the build_features method, except the segment is optional for build_types:
/das/yoursource/types
/das/yoursource/types?segment=X:1,100

Just make sure the content matches the types and categories used by the features command.

See the spec for more details:
http://www.biodas.org/documents/spec-1.6.html#types