[DAS] Configuring a valid MAPMASTER?

Andy Jenkinson andy.jenkinson at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 11:40:11 UTC 2011

Hi Chris,

The 'reference' Ensembl sources are suitable for use as mapmasters, as they provide sequence information:
http://plants.ensembl.org/das/Arabidopsis_thaliana.TAIR10.reference/entry_points
http://plants.ensembl.org/das/Arabidopsis_thaliana.TAIR10.reference/sequence?segment=1:1,100

So, barring any particular nuance of IGB, the correct mapmaster URL would be:
http://plants.ensembl.org/das/Arabidopsis_thaliana.TAIR10.reference

(assuming thaliana)

The reason for all this is I guess that IGB does not support the DAS 1.53E/1.6 sources command, which provides species and coordinate information directly.

Cheers,
Andy