[DAS] Sanger DAS sources

Jonathan Warren jw12 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Dec 20 10:48:20 UTC 2011

If a client has the X-DAS-Version set to DAS/1.6E in the request
header the Sanger DAS sources at http://das.sanger.ac.uk/das/sources
will respond with 1.6 style XML responses. If no header is set for
this or it does not contain the number 6 the DAS 1.53E xml responses
will be returned (with the exception of about 10 data sources that are
labelled 1.6E with a property in the sources response (<PROP
name="spec" value="DAS/1.6E"/>).

In the future I hope that more genomic DAS clients will move to
support DAS 1.6 but in the meantime this is the Sanger solution to
backwards compatibility issues which normally will only effect data
sources with groups/parent/parts. This way we can also support the
clients that do offer support for DAS 1.6.

Any problems or suggestion as always feel free to email me.

Thanks

Jonathan Warren
Senior Developer and DAS coordinator
blog: http://biodasman.wordpress.com/