[DAS] DAS and bacterial genomes

Andy Jenkinson andy.jenkinson at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Sep 29 13:32:38 UTC 2010

I was at the GMOD meeting I'm afraid. I did manage to meet with Paul, Dan and Eugene prior to this and we came up with a plan to get the Ensembl Genomes species' coordinate systems working. Principally, checking and cleaning up examples in e!g of incorrect taxonomy IDs, and modifications to the e! DAS code to ensure the NCBI/DAS species names are used for DAS in preference to the internal ones, and making assembly names unique for different strains.

I believe that's correct, Eugene?

On 29 Sep 2010, at 14:27, Adam Witney wrote:

> No. I did meet with Paul and Dan, but that was about EnsemblBacteria queries. I think Andy was unavailable on the days that I was there.
>
> adam
>
> On 29 Sep 2010, at 13:56, Jonathan Warren wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I was just wondering if this meeting occurred and if there were any outcomes of interest to the DAS community?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jonathan.

>>> Can we arrange to get together to discuss this one one of these days then? I don't know the schedule of the Ensembl workshop or Genome Informatics meeting but am currently available all that week. Can anyone suggest a time?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andy