[DAS] Announce: Dalliance 0.5.0

Thomas Down thomas.a.down at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 13:47:45 UTC 2010

We're pleased to announce the release of version 0.5.0 of Dalliance, an
interactive browser-based client for genomic DAS.  You can give it a try
here:

               http://www.biodalliance.org/

(Requires an up-to-date version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari).

Major changes since 0.4.0:

    - Mapping of features from other assemblies (using the DAS alignment
system).
    - Keyboard navigation (left/right arrows to scroll, +/- to zoom).
    - Rendering improvements, including complete support for the draft
DAS/1.6 stylesheet specification.
    - Many user interface cleanups.
    - Dalliance browsers can now easily be embedded into other web pages.
    - The syntax used to set the default configuration of the browser is
substantially cleaner.

Dalliance is still a work in progress, and we enthusiastically welcome all
feedback and suggestions.  Either drop me a line, or file a bug/suggestion
in the issue tracker linked from the website

            Thomas Down.