[DAS] maxbins in DAS1.6?

Thomas Down thomas.a.down at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 15 16:28:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Jonathan Warren <jw12 at sanger.ac.uk> wrote:

> I've always had an issue with the commands like this
> http://www.ebi.ac.uk/das-srv/genomicdas/das/eqtl_rat_cis_fat not being a
> valid das command as it's the most natural request for a person new to das
> to make. So giving it a specific purpose and response is a good idea.

What would you put there?  HTML "welcome" information (which seems to be
ProServer's current behaviour)?  DAS XML?  (in which case... the relevant
SOURCE element, or something else)?  DAS XML with some strong encouragement
for servers to attach a stylesheet to turn it into something readable if you
hit it with a browser?

Currently, Dazzle just returns an error, because it interacts rather nastily
with the way Dazzle supports hierarchical datasource namespaces.  Having
said that, the original use case for these hasn't really materialized, so it
wouldn't be a big deal to strip this out.

              Thomas.