[DAS] DAS JavaScript library & DAS WADL

Mahmut Uludag uludag at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Mar 12 10:07:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

Further to the DAS JavaScript library and WADL discussion (in DAS
workshop) I copied below some links that would be useful if anyone wants
to investigate potential of having a WADL description for DAS.

  https://wadl.dev.java.net/

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Application_Description_Language

It looks like NetBeans has already support for designing WADL files and
generating JavaScript client stubs from existing WADL files.

  http://wiki.netbeans.org/WadlDesigner

  http://www.netbeans.org/features/web/web-services.html

One thing I have noticed in the WADL specification it supports type
specification using RelaxNG. Since RelaxNG schemas has already been
generated for DAS 1.6 spec it looks like it should be an easier work
having a WADL description for DAS 1.6?

If anyone didn't use NetBeans before and hesitant to touch it I can say
that it is a quite stable, user friendly IDE with good documentation and
and tutorials.

Regards,
Mahmut