[DAS] comments - hierarchical features

Lincoln Stein lincoln.stein at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 17:05:28 UTC 2009

I am in favor of the bidirectional links, even though it is significantly
more verbose. I find it convenient to extract a subfeature from the
datastream and not lose the hierarchy; it is also a handy way to identify
features that are not part of a larger hierachy.

Although it adds some computational overhead, DAS does compress very nicely
with standard LZH algorithms, and so stream overhead is not as bad as it
seems.

Lincoln