[DAS] [proserver-users] how to not share private data but use proserver?

David Nix david.nix at hci.utah.edu
Wed Feb 18 17:35:56 UTC 2009

I've built an authentication method into the genoviz DAS/2 server.  It may
be appropriate for your use.  Installation instructions are at
http://bioserver.hci.utah.edu/BioInfo/index.php/Software:DAS2 . We use this
to grant public/ private access to particular folders for ~20 different lab
groups (we're a core facility).

Once installed modify the restrictedDirectories.txt and users.txt files to
define who can see what. The test install comes with some restricted data
directories.

This is DAS/2 not DAS and only IGB has been modified to make the appropriate
handshake.  Although this could be built into other browsers.

-cheers, David

--
David Austin Nix, PhD | HCI Bioinformatics | Huntsman Cancer Institute |
2000 Circle of Hope | SLC, UT 84112 | Rm: 3165 | Vc: 801.587.4611 | Fx:

-cheers, David