[DAS] [Fwd: Re: Writeback implementation]

Gustavo Salazar gustavo at nbn.ac.za
Fri Oct 31 13:49:20 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm glad to find people interested in my plans.
I started reviewing the RNC schemas for the writeback and in an overall
view of this document i have found several differences with the Asia's
implementation. I have read the discussion about it in her theses and i
started to implement the parser as that implementation. However I start
to think that maybe i should follow those schemas that are part of the
DAS/2 specification, but then it implies an extra effort about
compatibility with DAS/1.53 and DAS/2 now reading Gregg's last email
sounds more feasible that approach, ans then I will start to upgrade my
parsing to use the syntax of the schema. Perhaps I will use the same
approach of Asia about atomic writeback document(just one task for
document) just to keep it simple.
As I said in my first email my actual goal is the writeback client
implementation, which obviously is impossible without a server
implementation and that's why now I am focus in the server side.
Therefore any kind of help to reach this purpose is more than welcome.
Honestly, i don't want to invest more than a month in the server side,
given that i suspect all the issues that i will have in the GUI of such
a system, specially that the client that I choose to extent with the
writeback capabilities is Dasty and given that is a web client the
visualization challenges will be very interesting.
Dasty is a DAS/1.53 client, then for my purposes the transformation
MyDAS->DAS2 doesn't sounds necessary to me (so far, amybe i need to
rethink about it), however the other direction DAS2->MyDAS is mandatory.
I will start to work on it soon, but first I will have a look in the
Trellis/Ivy code to see what can i use from there ;-)
Anyway, thanks for the ideas Gregg and I will be happy to collaborate
with you if you decide to work on the MyDAS<-->Trellis integration.

Cheers,

Gustavo.