[DAS] [Fwd: Re: Writeback implementation]

Gustavo Salazar gustavo at nbn.ac.za
Thu Oct 30 09:44:59 UTC 2008

Hello,

Thanks for your comments.

In the Asia's implementation the ADD command is implemented by default
i.e. that if the UPDATES or DELETES tags doesn't appears the writeback
document is understood as an addition. I am implementing this in the
same way.
About the use of UPDATE instead of setCurrent is a good idea easier to
implement in client and server, however the getHistorical command still
looking to me as necessary.
Now that all of you points about the URI field, i have notice that in
the Asia's implementation the attributes of the FEATURE tag have changed
in relation of the examples in the published protocol(
http://biodas.org/documents/das2/das2_writeback.html), and for example
there is not a uri attribute and is replaced by featureid, the example
for the tag FEATURE in her document is:

<FEATURE featureid="ADCK2" featuretype="exon" method="experiment">

I have also notice that for properties in that implementation is used a
tag <PROPERTY> but Gregg used <PROP> in his example

Then i am wondering if there is a DTD or XML-schema that defines those
documents, because obviously those small changes becomes a problem
during the parsing of the file.

Cheers,

Gustavo.