[DAS] [Root-l] Had to disable Cite PHP extension on the biodas wiki

Mauricio Herrera Cuadra mauricio at open-bio.org
Tue Jul 15 21:44:26 UTC 2008

I just did a SVN update of cross-site-stuff/extensions/ directory and
restored Cite symlinks from BioDAS and BioJava extensions/ webroots,
also uncommented the Cite and SpecialCite requires in LocalSettings.php
for both sites. Restarted Apache and sites seem to work fine (no errors
in Apache logs). However, I'll need you guys to double check since you
know your wikis best than I do.

Thanks,
Mauricio.

Andreas Prlic wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> the biojava site is using this to track referencews in pubmed, see
>   http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:BioJavaInside
>
> would it be possible to re-enable this again? I believe it is also used
> on biodas...
> thanks!
> Andreas
>
> Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
>                    Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
>

> On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Steve Chervitz wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> I originally set up the biodas wiki site and don't recall installing
>> Cite or
>> SpecialCite, of if/whether it is still needed. Andreas also worked on the
>> wiki and may have more clues (added to the cc list).
>>
>> Looks like the error is just for SpecialCite, so it may be possible to
>> just
>> disable that and keep using Cite. Looking at the docs for SpecialCite, it
>> doesn't seem useful for the biodas wiki:
>>
>> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cite/Special:Cite.php
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:59 AM, Chris Dagdigian <chris at bioteam.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Lincoln reported that www.biodas.org was down today and oddly enough all
>>> of our other mediawiki sites were functional. The error keeping the
>>> DAS site
>>> down was this:
>>>
>>>  [Tue Jun 24 08:48:17 2008] [error] [client 72.85.166.28] PHP Fatal
>>> error:
>>>>

>>> In order to bring the BioDAS wiki back online I had to make the
>>> following
>>> hackish changes:
>>>
>>> - Deleted the symbolic link to Cite in the biodas wiki extensions
>>> webroot
>>> - Commented out the Cite and SpecialCite includes in biodas
>>> LocalSettings.php
>>>
>>> That brought the site back at the expense of blowing away any
>>> functionality
>>> DAS was using that relied on the MediaWiki Citation extensions.
>>>
>>> Can someone who is familiar with the DAS wiki site and how it is
>>> configured
>>> touch base with me and or root-l at open-bio.org so we can bring your
>>> extensions back if needed?
>>>
>>> Regards,