[DAS] xyplot glyph in Ensembl genome browser

Harmen van der Spek hvdspek at liacs.nl
Thu Jun 30 18:29:23 EDT 2005

I am currently working on CGH data visualisation (DAS annotation
server). The idea is to draw a histogram or another kind of plot. I came
across the xyplot glyph, which
is being used in gbrowse. In the archives of May I found a post about
the same problem, namely microarray data visualisation. Ensembl doesn't
support the xyplot glyph yet.

I've been playing around a bit with the source code of Ensembl and found
out that I could add glyphs myself in the Bio/Ensembl/Glyph/Symbol
directory. I am able to use my own xyplot class to draw features, but
I can't make it plot histograms or line plots.
In das.pm, I modified get_featuredata in such a way that it returns the
score feature (which I need to plot) entry too.

I still have some problems with rendering. Is someone else working on
the same matter or can anyone give some help to get me on the right
track. Is there still interest to include the xyplot glyph in the main
Ensembl distribution?

Regards,

Harmen van der Spek
Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science

P.S. If I don't reply to mails, it's not because I'm impolite, but
because I'm having a short holiday.